May 24, 2013

I'm back!

A lot has happened since I last posted, but the most important thing is that I am back at school!

When my leave of absence ended last fall, I was sure that the PhD was over for me, but things worked out better than I could have imagined.

I met with a professor who had an interest in critical theory and thought that she might be a good fit as an advisor. She wasn't sure she wanted to take on a new student, but she agreed to think about it. She asked me to write a theoretical paper for her, and it got my writing muscles flexing again.

Fast forward to today and I have a committee - yes a whole committee - established for my candidacy examination process. I can't believe that I am finally moving forward with my studies.

Of course, none of this would be possible if it weren't for my health cooperating. The past few months have been an incredible ride. After six weeks of feeling like dog crap, I had a weekend of fever...two days of 102.4 degrees. When the fever broke I suddenly felt well again. It was the strangest thing.

Now I am working on an app called "Couch to 5K" with the hopes of getting me back to running like I used to. It's been a slow process, but I am making strides. I truly feel like I am back.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! So glad to see you back! I used an ease into a 5K app to start running this time last year. I'm hooked! LOVE IT!

    So glad to hear things are well with you!
    ((hugz))
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOO!

    Glad you are back and well and PhD'ing again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that’s great news, congratulations on getting back to the PhD. Some of the new apps are really good if you want to get your strength up. I think the most important thing to do is to take it slowly, there is nothing wrong with walking sometimes. Good luck to you.

    My Webblog Online PhD UK Programs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative and unique tips dear. Thanks for sharing :)
    Lovely Read!

    http://beauty2beautytips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete